Digital India Week
Digital India, a flagship programme of the Government of India, aims to “transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy”. This programme centres on three key vision areas of “Infrastructure as a Utility to Every Citizen”, “Governance and Services on Demand” and “Digital Empowerment of Citizens”. The Digital India Week is a mega event planned for national launch of the Digital India programme. This national event will have participation of all Central Ministries/ Departments and all States/UTs.
Vision of Digital India Week
To formally launch the Programme, a one week programme in the coming month comprising of awareness and communication events will be ear-marked as the Digital India Week to
- Effectively deliver the message of Digital India
- Expand visibility of Digital India by way of effective branding across various platforms with special focus on new media and public interface touch points.
- To establish credibility of message by ensuring value proposition in terms of demonstration of service delivery to citizens by converging existing and new services, usage of digital infrastructure under Digital India
- Sustained connection with people by identifying and engaging serious stakeholders through ICT platform and increasing the demand for e-services.
- Communication in vernacular languages as far as possible
Digital India Week Objectives
- Inform, educate and engage with citizens through organization of events at large number of Digital Points of Presence such as CSCs/ Post Offices, Schools, Gram Panchayats etc
- Connect all citizens through Digital Media campaigns and events
- Inform all about the vision, services and benefits of the Program
- Popularise and expand the reach of existing e-services, plan and launch new services
- Educate citizens on functional digital literacy, cyber security, cyber hygiene, ensure better utilization of Digital infrastructure during the DI Week and beyond
- Incentivize, motivate and connect citizens with the Digital India Program.