GeM- One Stop Government e Marketplace
GeM- One Stop Government e Marketplace
The commerce and industry ministry launched GeM on August 9, 2016, with the objective of creating an open and transparent procurement platform. Government e-Marketplace (GeM) . It is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of Goods & Services required to the Government Departments , Organizations and PSUs. The first motive of GeM is to enhance transparency and efficiency for public procurement. It provides the facility of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to f the government users. . It is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of Goods & Services required to the Government Departments , Organizations and PSUs. The first motive of GeM is to enhance transparency and efficiency for public procurement. It provides the facility of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to f the government users.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been authorized and made mandatory by Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017.
The GeM platform is transforming government procurement whereby for the first time a unitary market comprising both goods and services is being made available to government buyers.
The buyers can customize their requirements with respect to administrative financial and product specifications and easily compare the products listed in the portal with those available across all e-commerce portals including Amazon, Snapdeal and Flipkart for zeroing in on the best option available.
GeM is aligned to the three facets of digital India which are
- Automated and GFR compliant SOPs
- Cashless system.
GeM is available to be used anytime anywhere it provides end-to-end online facility including registration of both sellers and service providers, listing and pricing of services and goods processing of orders and payments.
It is a trust-based self-certification system with robust mechanisms of real-time authentication through various government databases such as Aadhar, PAN, MCA 21 etc.
Sellers have ease and convenience to directly connect with the registered government buyers.
GeM is paperless where registrations offering of services and goods including pricing selection purchase receiving and final payments are all transacted in a paperless mode it provides electronic signature e signed facilities for all transactions.
GeM is cashless as it has multiple channels for electronic payment built-in all payments are made online through public financial management systems PFMS and other online banking system
Features of GeM
GeM offers a bouquet of advantages
- One-time easy online registration for buyers and sellers.
- Provision to customize requirements.
- Direct access to all registered government buyers.
- Dynamic pricing.
- Provision to offer variety of products and services.
- Provision to provide body suggestions for inclusion of new products and services
- Transparent system with visibility of products and services offered on the portal.
- Swift electronic payment through public financial management system PFMS and other online banking system.
- Maximum of ten days timeline for all the payments after product delivery.
- Tracking system for order placement delivery and payment.
- Complete end-to-end transactional log sheets and audit trails.
- Prompt notification of transactional activities through SMS web and email.
- Potent grievance redressal system .
- Availability of help-desk.
- Availability of best price as well the rationale behind it.
- Automatic document management system integrated with payment gateway.
- Trust based authenticated system
- Rich listing of products for individual categories of Goods/Services
- Search, Compare, Select and Buy facility
- Buying Goods and Services online, as and when required.
- Transparent and ease of buying
- Continuous vendor rating system
- User-friendly dash board for Buying and monitoring supplies and payments
- Easy Return policy
- Direct access to all Government departments.
- One stop shop for marketing with minimal efforts.
- One stop shop for bids / reverse auction on products / services
- New Product Suggestion facility available to Sellers
- Dynamic pricing: Price can be changed based on market conditions
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of supplies and payments
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedures